Sunlight –A Promoter of health and well Being
So much has been written about getting out of the sun, the main concern being skin cancer. Sunscreens abound and yet the level of skin cancer has not decreased. Let us back up for a moment and look at cancer 100 years ago. Back then, skin cancer affected less than 1% of the population, and yet today, the odds are 50/50 of getting a skin cancer issue. WHY? A 100 years ago, people worked predominantly outdoors, hours in the direct sun and did not use sunscreen. In fact, the more people worked outdoors, the healthier they were.
Researchers at the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found that tiny particles commonly used in sunscreens caused long-term neurological damage in mice. The study found that titania, which is listed on labels as titanium oxide, induced cultured mice brain cells to manufacture chemicals that are protective in the short term but can cause damage over time. This creates a big question mark on the safety of sunscreen. As I have said before, it is important to know how to do QRA toxicity testing for your own protection, for sunscreen and other products one may put on skin.
The questions are so intense on the issues of sunscreens and their ingredients, that people working in these manufacturing plants may be exposed to toxins that may even be worse than asbestos. If you breathe them in or apply them to your skin, they have the potential to cause havoc in your body and this is only the preliminary study. Experience has said from the past that these studies when done by independents (other than industry sponsored) will only get worse.
Don't get fooled into thinking that the sunlight is harmful - that is all hype. It is only dangerous if you are uninformed about healthy fat and nutrition, which quite frankly most people are not, including the medical world. Sunscreen in addition to putting harmful chemicals into the body also blocks out the healthy suns rays.
The issue of skin cancer has been directly correlated to the introduction of and increased consumption of hydrogenated oils in our diet. Hydrogenated oils have replaced the good healthy oils that naturally occur in foods for the purposes of prolonging shelf life and the ease of manufacturing, distribution, and preservation of appearance concerns, all at the expense of our over-all health.
In addition, most of the cooking oils on the market, such as corn oil, safflower, sunflower, sesame oil, are so high in omega-6 fats (virtually 100%) that it distorts the healthy omega-6 to omega-3 ratio out of balance. This ratio is important in resistance to cancer, and most particularly skin cancer. The ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 should be about 1:1 while the typical American is about 15:1.
If you look at even modern day societies such as the "Hunza" peoples of the Himalayan mountains of Northern Pakistan, these people spend the greater majority of their time out in the direct sunlight, tending to their fields and orchards, yet the incidence of skin cancer is almost non-existent. Consider this, there is virtually no hydrogenated oil in their food supply.
Research has shown that people who consume margarine have a 700% increase risk of cancer over those who don't.
When hydrogenated oil consumption is very limited and there is a high dietary intake of high quality essential fatty acid oils such as high quality extra virgin olive oil or grade 10 coconut oil, the health benefits of sunlight are enormous.
In 2001, the National Academy of Sciences published a comprehensive review showing that the omega 6:3 ratio was the key to preventing skin cancer development.
For more information you can check out one of the top cancer journal articles CANCER RESEARCH 2000 AUG 1:60(15):4139-45 PUBMED.GOV
Research has been done on mice with tumors, in which the sunlight was the only test variable, and the tumors were inhibited.
Sunlight is the best source of usable vitamin D, bar none.
Sunlight has shown to aid in reducing breast tumors by between 30% and 40%
Sunlight has been shown to reduce cholesterol levels.
The list could go on but the important thing to know is twofold: (1) Sunlight is a health benefit and not to be feared, and (2) Get those healthy oils in your diet while getting the hydrogenated oils out. - The only caution is if you are not used to being out in the sun, begin slowly - say 10 minutes a day and gradually work up as you begin your oil change. Do it over a several week period but work up slowly so that you never get burned.
What to DO
- Most sunlight exposure in the Western world is in the summertime, which it it now. So extending time in the sun should ideally begin in the fall and winter months, since the sun is so intense now.. Since most of us have consumed far too much hydrogenated oils, beginning to extend time in the sun can be a challenge and so the change needs to be gradual and with an "Oil Change" in our bodies. This procedure will take 6 to 8 months.
- Once the oil change is completed, then it is ideal to get an average of 20 minutes of direct sunlight a day.
- All sunlight has health benefits, but the best sunlight for building and regenerating health purposes is the 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M rays.
- Working up a sweat, during that time, increases the benefits even more.
- For persons struggling with sore muscles, using a non-toxic source massage oil (such as coconut oil) rubbed into the sore areas for 2 to 3 minutes and left on for 20 minutes has produced outstanding results. The improvement is the result of several applications.
The Oil Change
- Add Essential Fatty Acids to the daily nutritional intake
- Use the Quantum Coconut Oil in cooking and food preparations
- Take Quantum Brain Complex - supports the directing and the replacing of the "bad" accumulated oils in the body with the newly ingested healthy essential oils. Remember, essential means the body cannot live healthfully without them and they must be gotten through either diet or supplementation.
- Learn QRA toxicity testing to be sure food intake is pure
NOTE: Canola oil which is appearing in a lot of foods including so called health foods is a very poor oil and in reality is a partially hydrogenated oil. DO NOT USE. Additionally, nearly all canola is now Genetically Modified.
Quantum Brain Complex
Brain Complex has a multitude of purposes, including directing of the oil change program of changing the "bad fats" out of the body and replacing the with "good fats". This formula is a great support when used with the EFA's.
Quantum Brain Complex is a unique, quantum-quality nutritional supplement that provides special nutrients to support the brain, central nervous system and their components* Its nutrients have been proven to be clinically effective to support the improvement of mental alertness, memory, mood and mental energy*
The herbal nutrients included in Quantum Brain Complex have been used for centuries to help improve mental alertness and vigor in children as well as adults, including the elderly.
These herbs contain special phyto-nutrients for alertness and to help improve both long-term and short-term memory without the need for chemical stimulants.
Quantum Brain Complex has been designed to support the body's natural brain neurotransmitters and to enhance peak mental alertness and mental energy*Neurotransmitters are also involved in many other functions of the body including energy production and stress management.*
There is no caffeine or other stimulants used in Quantum Brain Complex. It can be taken daily or just during times when peak mental alertness and mental energy are desired.
Quantum Brain Complex Contains:
- Nerve Tissue Rejuvenation Support* - special fermented Mycelial Extracts of the following medicinal mushrooms: Chinese Herecium (Hercium Erinaceus), Chinese Cordyceps (Cordyceps Sinensis) and Chinese Maitake (Grifola frondosa)
- Specific Brain Nutrients* - European Ginkgo Biloba, South American Periwinkle, Grade A Japanese Chlorella (a broken cell wall)
- Brain/Liver Detox Factors* - South American Milk Thistle, Wild Blue Green Algae, Grade A Japanese Chlorella (broken cell wall)
- Immune-Specific Support* - European Olive Leaf Extract, Modified Citrus Pectin
- Mood Enhancement Nutrients* - Grade 10 Indian Noni, South American Valerian Root
- Antioxidants/Natural Vitamin Support - Primary Saccharomyces cerevisiae (molasses-grown), European Beet and Lycopene concentrates, solvent-free Europeant Beta Sitosterol, Wild Blue Green Algae, Grade 10 Chlorella (broken cell wall) and critical co-factor synergists.
- Lipid Membrane Support* All four phosphatidyl complexes: certified organic European non-GMO Phosphaitidylerine, Phosphatidycholine, Phosphatidylinositol, Phosphatidylenthanolamine.